Re: I have a problem (scant MG content)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net (IPM Return Requested)
Subject: Re: I have a problem (scant MG content)
From: William Elliott <William.Elliott@mail.mei.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 10:15:07 -0500
<<Now the SAAB Sonett, that is an interesting car - I've always had a
weakness for unusual cars.  V4 engine?  During my last years in El Paso
there was one for sale a block away from my parents and it sold before I
could check it out.  I heard that it sold in the low 2K range, and was
in excellent shape except for some faded paint on the roof.>>

I could go on and on about Sonetts (a wonderful winter driver!), but
that would likely be inappropriate on this list.  They have a few
weaknesses (chassis rust and parts availability), but
are very undervalued on the market. Feel free to e-mail me for
more experiences/opinions. I too have a major weakness for
unusual cars!

<<The time
was around 1986-88.  The same happened to a perfect '75 TR-6 in the same
area.  Of course this was when I was a struggling student and money was
scarce, before I graduated, got married, got kids, got the B, got a
house, and money got even scarcer (is this a word?).>>

Oh, man! I was in the same situation (graduated in '88).  In 1988
alone, I had to pass up:
RHD Lotus Elan w/200hp Vegatune engine, perfect for $10k
Series IV Lotus Seven (Twin Cam), 10k miles, perfect for $10k
Aston Martin DB6 (driver, but a bit tatty) for $9k
Very nice Series 1 XKE FHC (hot cam, webers, etc)for $10.5K
Early Ferrari Dino (driver) for $12k

Now it would take 2-5 times the money for the same cars.
Doesn't it just make you sick!

Bill Elliott