Restoring the BGT

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Restoring the BGT
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 09:26:33 -0600
I tried sending thus out and sent it from the wrong account so it never
made it to the list (or so it appears).

I am pondering a purchase of a 69 BGT.

My dilemma:

I ran across a fairly good condition 69 BGT at a local high school auto
shop. They want to sell at $2000. The body is in good shape as is the
interior (except for the missing door panels, ignition switch mounted where
the radio should be, and other little odds and ends...).

They have screwed a few things up - like the choke being installed upside
down. I'm hoping to get it cheaper since they are fairly clueless.

Anyway, I currently have a 71 BGT that runs good but it is very well used
(lots of rust, shot interior, high mileage engine). So rather than do the
restore I have been putting off for 10+ years, this 69 BGT is looking good.
I think with $500 more in it, it would be close to excellent condition.

My question - should I/could I part this 71 BGT out successfully on this
list? Is this a good price (1500-2000) for a 69 BGT that needs work but
mostly less skilled stuff (no welding/body work)? Or do you guys think I
can find a better deal elsewhere for a good body/restorable B or BGT, 60's
vintage?

David

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net