Re: Restoring the BGT

To: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Re: Restoring the BGT
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 18:50:18 -0600
At 02:23 PM 6/6/98 -0700, you wrote:
>How about a really straight, virtually rust-free MGB, 1963, wire wheels, all
>there and a super project for restoration for $2,895? The car is in Northern
>California, near Sacramento.
>
>Lawrie
>British Sportscar Center

Lawrie,

It depends on what is needed to restore it. I used to have a 65B. Quite a
bit more primitive than my current 71 BGT but much quicker. The positive
ground was a hassle and the car tended to give me more grief, but it was
all worth it.

My problem would be not knowing all the problems that need to be fixed and
having to travel a great distance to find out.

So if it comes to traveling that far, I would hope that I would have a few
alternate cars to look at. It would be a real bummer to travel some 1000+
miles only to leave empty handed.

David