Re: '79 Trunk Lid...

Subject: Re: '79 Trunk Lid...
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@edgenet.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 13:51:05 -0500
Cathy,

I can't help with the trunk lid but you shouldn't have a problem finding
one. (Found 3 for mine.) However on the electronic ignition, I would
strongly suggest chancing it if it is the original unit offered on the '79.
This is the one with the module on the distributor. Mine rolled a seven and
it earned the B a ride home on a flatbed. It has a points distributor now.
Even that one is worn but I can readjust the points when needed. The local
NAPA quoted me a little over $100.00 for a new (points) distributor (with
exchange). If your B has points in it now then the PO already got stuck. In
that case a Perctronics unit from Northern Auto Parts mail order (their web
site is on my links page) would work well.

Good luck!

At 11:24 AM 6/5/98 -0600, catbos@501studios.com (Cathy Bosma) wrote:
>Hey all!
>This is my very first posting and I'm glad to be a part of such an
>eccentric group!
>Hopefully somone can help me find a new (or new to me) trunk lid for my
>little 'Flo'.  Flo is my beautiful, vermillion red (orange in layman's
>terms!) 1979 MGB.  The Previous owner forgot several times to release the
>catch before closing the trunk lid and now we have lovely bumps and
>crinkles on the left side of the lid.  I, of course, would love to have one
>already painted orange, but I'll take what I can get!
>Feel free to email me direct at catbos@501studios.com
>Also, anyone put in an electric ignition lately?  I'm thinking about it bu
>twnat to know if it will be worth my money and time.  I just want my baby
>to idle  a bit more smoothly!  Is that too much to ask!
>
>Waiting anxiously for your relpy,
>Cathy Bosma
>Austin, TX
>'89 Honda Hawk