Black or Navy Interior color?

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Black or Navy Interior color?
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 20:58:24 -0500
    One of the 130 or so outstanding cars at yesterday's "Marques on the
Green" show in Louisville (great show, btw) was a '73 Blaze roadster - exact
duplicate of my car except no luggage rack and it looked like it had just
rolled off the showroom floor.
    The owner showed me the original laminated sales slip after I asked him
if he had a BMHT certificate, I'm taking pictures like a madman, and he
asks, "Is your interior Navy or black?" Hmmm...."Black", just like yours," I
respond. (Thinking smugly, mine is original, tears and all) "No, mine's
Navy, see here, says so right on the document, look close at this angle and
you can see..." Uhh...sure as hell looked black to me!
    Ok, folks, I'm not color-blind (government tested and approved, hehe)
but is "Navy" THAT close to black to where I have to look at the perfect
angle to tell? This is bugging me, my pseudo-ratty original interior has a
bluish tinge, but I just chalked that up to weathering of the black vinyl.
This guy was adamant about it, and I wasn't going to argue with a guy with a
bone-stock car worthy of a photo in "Original MGB"!
    A heritage certificate will tell me the color of the interior, won't it?
    Personally, I think the paper was wrong and this guy was crazy, albeit a
good kinda crazy -- that was a beautiful car! I could never take it off the
road long enough to get it in that state, nor do I want to.
Dan
'73 Blaze B