73 MGB

Subject: 73 MGB
From: "Nick Coleman" <coleman@sd.aonix.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 11:40:41 -0700
I'm the proud, new owner of a 73 MGB with 43K original miles. Please be
patient with me if I ask some pretty basic questions over time -- haven't
worked on a British car since my Ford Cortina back in High School (23 years
ago).

I'm located in San Diego, CA.  Is anyone aware of local MG clubs?  Good
mechanics (or the ones to avoid)?  Anyone local willing to help out?

- Is the 73 a 6 or 12 volt electrical system?

- The batteries appear to be the original ones.  Are there any sealed cell
replacements available?

- Like to put a newer distributor (no points/condenser)/ignition system.
Suggestions?

- Since the car is 25 years old, it no longer has to be smogged in CA. So,
looking at pulling the smog pump and installing headers. Anything to watch
out for?

Nick