Looking for more help on leaking dipstick on Midget 1500

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Looking for more help on leaking dipstick on Midget 1500
From: gorms68@juno.com (C A G)
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 14:12:37 -0700
Thanks to those kind souls who offered their help two weeks ago with this
problem. I did  a compression check today; 115, 120, 110, 110 front to
back. I put a slight bend in the dipstick checked the rubber gasket in
the cup of the dipstick, but I still have oil leaking out of the top of
the dipstick while at speed. The only solution that has worked is
attaching a spring to one end of it to keep it in. I know this is only a
bandaid repair and would like to solve the problem at its cause. If this
means taking the head off I'll wait as the engine runs like a top.
Thanks in advance for all your help.

Chris Gorman
75 Midget
70 MGB