Re: Wire wheel maintenance questions

To: <baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Wire wheel maintenance questions
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 12:53:03 -0400

>Assuming that it's fairly complicated, where do I find out about proper
>methods, and how often should it be done?   Should a "pro" do it?  Is more
>required than a spoke wrench?  I doubt that it matters, but I have Dunlop
>bias-ply tires mounted.
>Thanks in advance.
>Dave Iwansky
>'62 MGA 1600 MkII

>From what I understand, truing has become a lost art.  I'm just about to
call a place in Dayton called Dayton Wire about having them true and paint
my wires for my 'B.  Although, I do have enough spares to experiment.  My
advice would be to have the truing done professionally, but experiment with
a spare wheel to see if you can make it a DIY maintenance item...

PS - call a motorcycle shop in your area - they may also offer truing.

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/