Re: VickyB high cost of shipping beaten

To: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>,
Subject: Re: VickyB high cost of shipping beaten
From: Mike Hartwig <mhartwig@cbu.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 11:53:33 -0500
At 11:18 AM 6/12/98 -0500, Feldman, Jack (Jack) wrote:
>When I have to order from VB I do it through MG Bits and Spares in Arkansas:
>800 643-3482. No discount, but they only charge what it costs them to ship.
>The also have a stock of used MG parts which are not only reasonable, but
>they also cleaned up the parts I bought from them before shipping.

I second this opinion, Jack.  I know the Bridger's (owners) personally, as
I met them a few months ago.  They are die hard lovers of the MGB and
believe in using the cars as they were meant to be, as evidenced by their
cross-country trip in their 1,000,000th produced BRG MGB.

They stock parts from Moss and other vendors, including British suppliers.
They also stock used parts and their parts yard consists of some 30 MGBs of
varying states of repair, and most are of the chrome bumper variety.  I
purchased some used parts from them and  drove to Jonesboro, Arkansas to
pick them.  They didn't feel comfortable about selling me used parts sight
unseen.

Give them a try if you don't need your parts right away, and you will be
rewarded with courteous, knowledgeable staff.
They also can get V-8 parts (they have a RHD GT V-8 in their showroom) and
even specialty parts only available from overseas.

Jay
I don't have financial interest in this venture, but I wish I did, since it
is companies like this that really keep the spirit alive.