Re: MGA paint colors and numbers

To: David Allen <dandr@mail.gwi.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGA paint colors and numbers
From: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 12:00:51 -0500
I went to mgcars.org and found the following....

Here is what I have always known as  "Iris Blue" -- has a turquoise bent to
it.

http://www.mgcars.org/pics/teus.jpg    (#1)

Of course I go to the web site and find this:

" Lynn Houdyshell's Iris Blue MGA 1600 at a IDA-BRITS Car Club event in
Boise, Idaho, USA "

http://www.mgcars.org/pics/lhlfrnt.jpg   (#2)

So now I'm REAL confused. The more turquoise of the two (#1 ) is what I
have been told at shows is "Iris Blue", with the lighter one being Glacier
Blue.  Ie., I have the colors backwards...

And all this time we thought Darlin' had originally been "Iris Blue"... you
can see the paint where the "painter" missed a few spots in the boot and in
the rear of the cockpit.  It's a turquoise.

Have I been delusional all this time? ---- I guess so.... :-(

Just so I have this firmly set in my brain... the photo on the cover of the
Original MGA (Clausager) is an Iris Blue MGA 1600... right?

Thanks, Kevin! I'm making an appointment with the counsellor as I type!

Carol

PS.... and I finally did come across those paint codes... if anybody needs
them. There are also some on page 34 of the Moss MGA catalog, Edition #17,
April 13, 1998.