Re: miata recall defective tops

To: mgbrh@earthlink.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: miata recall defective tops
From: Wildbil923@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 02:36:55 EDT
Please, let's not start another Miata thread, for goodness sakes.  We've
beaten that poor horse to a pulp!  Miata owners are no different that the LBC
owners of the past.  Nice people who simply want a car that's fun.  I drive
mine with the top down often.  With one hand from the driver's seat, however,
I can put it up or take it down as the conditions warrant.  My f***ing hair
does just fine either way.  The tops on my LBC's spend most all their time
down, as much because I like it that way as because it's a pain in the *** to
put them up or take them down.  The MGA is a special challenge that would try
the patience of a saint!  My dad used to drive this MGA (when it was new in
the early 1960's) with the top up pretty much all winter, then put it down for
the spring thru fall months.  Lighten up folks.  Enjoy your cars and get your
motoring pleasure as as you like...top up or down.  Don't obsess about how
others get their motoring pleasure.   We're certainly not holier than they
because we drive top down.

Bill  Wilkman
1960 MGA  (in the family since new)
1960 AH Sprite
1961 AH 3000 BT7
and, yes, a 1990 Miata (among other non-LBC's I enjoy)