Re: Is a "B" really worth it!??

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>, <TXBobcat30@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Is a "B" really worth it!??
From: "Jim Carney" <carney_fam_ark@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 02:30:34 -0500
Jarrod,
Trevor's advice is sound & logical. What he says is true.
Buy a used Japanese something with less than 75,000 miles on it. Put new
belts & hoses on it, change the oil regularly & drive it for the first few
years.
If you got this MG for free or for cheap, KEEP IT, if you can keep it out of
the weather.
If you want to learn to work on cars, this car is a teriffic start. It is
simple and parts are plentiful & not too expensive. Once your Japanese
appliance is paid for, sink your money in the MG. Learn from it. Buy some
decent tools (I think Craftsman hand tools are the most affordable GOOD
tools...just my opinion). Buy a couple of shop manuals. Stay in touch with
this list.
When your boring Corolla or Civic or whatever is worn out, and after you've
had your first couple of fender benders, the MG will be ready to drive, you
won't be as likely to ding it.
I'd really like to encourage your love of old British sports cars, but
wouldn't want you to have to rely on a 90k mi example of one through
highscool.
Jim
64 MGB Roadster
62 Jaguar E-Type (XKE) Coupe