MG Bing a first car

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG Bing a first car
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 06:39:46 -0500 (CDT)
Well, all I can tell you is that I remember more details about my first
car than I do about the first girl I ever ..............OOOPS!

My so Adam (17) drives a 72 B and loves it. This will be, forever, a
very fond memory of his youth. The learning experience is fantastic. I
say to Adam, at least once a month, "you know how much a trade school
would charge to learn this stuff?" He has a picture in the High School
yearbook (graduates next week) of him with his car.

Being a tow truck driver, I can tell you first hand that there is no
such thing as "reliable transportation". I have not a clue what was
wrong with the 97 Volvo or the 96 Maxima I towed last evening.  An MG
is much easier to maintain (and understand) from a D.I.Y. stand point.

Well I'm out the door to "The British are Coming!!" event here on L.I.
in fact it really is a very special day for Adam as this is the event
that we purchased his car at exactly one year (and a week) ago, for
$200. He is, with out a doudt, gunning for the "most improved" award
today. I'll have the 75 B out there .

Safety Fast,
David (first car 1963 Galaxie) Deutsch

PS: always tip your tow truck driver!!!