Re: A/C certification...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: A/C certification...
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 12:07:12 -0400 (EDT)

>2. There is a hole in the ozone layer over the South Pole. This is monitored.
>   A few years ago, it is discovered that the size of this hole has
>diminished.
>   Environmentalists are AWFULLY quiet about this embarassing discovery.
>   "It simply CAN'T be true. Must be a measurement error".

>I'm 45, I've seen crises come and go, like e.g. the Energy Crisis of the
>Seventies.
>That has totally gone, nothing left of it nowadays.

>Bert
>who is just an engineer; not DISHONEST enough to be a politician!

Bert,

Since you're an engineer you must also be used to citing your references,
so I hope you don't take this the wrong way. What is the complete reference
(maybe you have more than one) that demonstrates that the hole is
shrinking? I'm not doubting that you read it somewhere, I'd just like to
know where. I'm extremely ignorant on the whole topic, having only
incidentally read the research presented in "Nature" and "Science". From my
scant reading, I didn't realize that the issue had been resolved. In fact,
I thought that evidence for more thinning had been found in other regions.

Jeff

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Editor-in-Chief, Molecular Vision
http://www.emory.edu/molvis