Re: Is a "B" Really Worth It?

To: tboicey@brit.ca, William.Elliott@mail.mei.com
Subject: Re: Is a "B" Really Worth It?
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 22:48:51 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-15 22:01:31 EDT, tboicey@brit.ca writes:

<< illiam Elliott wrote:
 > The "mean time between failures" on an MGB is going to be MUCH
 > higher than on a newer Japanese car.

YEP, 65,000 miles on my '63 Austin-Healey 3000 Mark II BJ-7 - NA-DA!!

 > (Mainly because ANY failure on a new car is apt to be debilitating

So you have done a study?

An LBC can jump a notch in a steel chain and still run.  Can your NON-LBC
[NOTICE everyone, Ed was nice] slip a belt and still not be "catastrophic"??

If you drive, own, work on, dream to own, have owned, etc. the "hit the wall
of learnig" has not even been approached!

So Trevor:

   Have you changed the timing belt??  Yes? = how much was it, how long
in the shop, how good is the warrenty??   NO?? =  How much does it cost
(US$ Please) for new pistons and valve train [assuming nothing else go
to sh*t] cost.??   How much is labor??  How good is warrenty on the
"new" motor and does that cover the next timing belt??

Cheers..........

        Ed