RE: Oil Cooler Cleaning -Reply

To: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Subject: RE: Oil Cooler Cleaning -Reply
From: Tom Buchanan <buchanan@preferred.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 09:59:07 -0400
At 08:31 AM 6/16/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Yesterday I asked:
>
>>Has anyone found a really great way to clean out the old cooler
>>and reuse it?
>
>And the answer really turned out to be...
>
>No.
>
>Tom, just for clarification, this is a '74 B, not a 74-1/2.  The oil
>cooler sits in front of the Radiator.  Can you use the later hoses, and
>change the mounting position?  I'll have to check that out when I'm
>putting it back in.

Matt, My 74 GT has slots under the front bumper in the front valance in
anticipation for the 74 1/2 model to come. This is to give the new
"underslung" oil cooler position air. Should you do this, as I'm going to,
you should put screen over these slots to keep gravel out. I don't know
about the hoses yet. Anybody?

  Tom Buchanan
Growing old is madatory. Growing up......that's opional!