Paint Application Questions

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Paint Application Questions
From: "Chris Delling" <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 08:49:25 -0700
I am replacing the door on my B.  The door, along with about 6" of the
trailing edge of the front wing will be painted (spot repair on the wing).

I have painted the door with a self-etching epoxy primer.  Next will come a
sealer, followed by topcoat.  I intend to scuff up the paint on the wing,
followed by sealer and topcoat.  I am contemplating painting the door of the
car, then installing it, vs. installing it first and then applying the
sealer and topcoat to both panels at once.

Any opinions here?

Regards,

Chris Delling