Re: Wide Whitewall tires

To: Blake Wylie <bwylie@HiWAAY.net>
Subject: Re: Wide Whitewall tires
From: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 13:24:07 -0400
At 10:42 AM 6/18/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Anybody know where I might can get some wide, whitewall tires for an
>early MGB?  Anybody got these on their car?  Any opinions?  :)

Wheelbrokers@earthlink.net   ran this blurb in alt.auto.antique.  All the
relevent disclaimers apply.  I don't know if they have what you're looking
for, but it's a start...

---Start---
Distributor and retailer of new and remanufactured wide whitewall radial
tires. Far superior ride to those old bias-ply tires of the early days.
Why do
ya think they discontinued those old tires anyhow ???  We have sizes
185/75R-14 thru 235/75R-15.    Whitewalls widths range from 2.5" on the 14"
sizes up to 3" on most of the 15" tires.     We also have a 165r-15 with a
2.25" wide whitewall that looks great on the front of a roadster or on  a
VW   Free brochure
---End---

Hope this helps!
Dave Iwansky