Modern Cars

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Modern Cars
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 02:31:24 EDT
<<Jeeze Bill! A TT 300ZX a bit slower than what you have now?!?
Maybe you should describe this Fiero for us!
If you find the ZX too "slow and heavy", I doubt the RX7 you
mentioned would suffice, either.  I propose that you
may not find the "modern sports car" you're seeking below
"Ferrari" levels.  Maybe a 944 Turbo S?
Bill Elliott>>

The Fiero is my street toy, which I own because I like the styling, and I have
upgraded the power to useful levels with a properly built (also quite
expensive) engine and turbo to be a bit faster than Corvette/Camaro/Nissan/
Mustangs, and about even or with enough road a bit faster than the 320 bhp
Toyota Supra Turbo (now there is a pregnant jellybean looking for a stylist).
A stock gen 3 RX 7 turbo wouldn't be faster, but then I could start playing
with _it_, as you can get around 375 bhp out of em pretty reliably, and the
styling is something I think I could live with.
One has to have something for driving during the week, to make you appreciate
the LBCs more on the weekends.
On the other hand, the handling of the Fiero is hard to beat (88 only), and
the midengined layout appeals to me.
Of course, if I waste all my time on my street stuff, I'll never get the race
car back on the track, the other Twincam street car built, my wife's MGC
licensed, my old Jensen heads converted to unleaded.......................

And as for the Ferrari, I would rather put money into something a little less
fiddly, although I almost bought a Maserati Ghibli a few months ago - came to
my senses just in time. Also SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) found out I was
yearning and said the Interceptor convertible would have to go first. Women
can be so practical sometimes.

Bill S.
(too many cars, too few hours)