re:DamitDick...June 20th

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re:DamitDick...June 20th
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 08:29:47 EDT
Yo chaps!

Jean drove the MGB and I drove the MGC into Champaign on Saturday night to the
local Public Radio/TV station (WILL) at the University of Illinois.

We had been asked to provide a British car display prior to a reception
honouring the 10th anniversary of "Click and Clack's Car Talk" presence on
NPR. Although we had a small display (2 MGBs-the MGC-an MG Midget-and a TVR)
the general public thoroughly enjoyed the cars and were full of questions! We
then adjourned inside to enjoy a 2-1/2 hour live satelite feed from Boston of
Click and Clack...along with the Smothers Brothers, Dr.Joyce Brothers, the
Flying Karamazov Brothers, the Brothers-in-Blue, and the Tappet Brothers
Symphony Orchestra. C&C entered in a stretch limo.....on top of a flatbed
trailer.

I'm sure Dick would have enjoyed the humour.....and would have been more than
happy to tell onlookers about his MG!

Afterwards, we grabbed a bite to eat...and raised a pint of Bass....in Dick's
honour.

Cheers!

rick ingram
namgbr #0-134