Re: TD Stories

To: "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TD Stories
From: "Robin Camblin" <RCamblin@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 22:18:23 -0500
Bob,

I agree the price seems a little high, but after the work we've put into the
51 TD and still don't have it running,,,,,,,,, I'd say 8,000 is about right.

Since the oil gauge is direct reading from the engine, none of that fancy...
electrical stuff... like those modern B's, I would say the pump either needs
some work or it might just be a clog gauge from sitting and all gunked up.

Since the TD has what is practically a good old fashion mechanical clutch...
no hydraulic's involved... most likely just out of adjustment.

Diane called me about this and I told her about the same as you..... I
suggested the A coupe, so she could keep up with you on the FAT run, instead
of enjoying the scenery like I intend to in the TD.

Rob and Tommie
51MGTD