Re: engine assembly lube

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: engine assembly lube
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 17:21:56 -0400
At 12:58 PM 6/27/98 -0500, you wrote:

>A old time method of protecting a newly rebuilt engine was to leave the

>spark plugs out (no compression, very little load) and spin the engine

>until the oil pump had pumped all passages full and had pressure.  Then

>put the plugs in, prime it and fire it right up.

Hi all, this is indeed a good way to get up the oil pressure.  Then throw in
the plugs and try to get her running.  And of course, keep the rpms up if you
are bedding in a cam.  Also, use some gasket sealant on that oil pan gasket.
Using just the gasket, prompted oil leaks on my rebuilt engine, and then I had
to tear out the engine again just to replace the sump pan gasket :(.

Jay

Jurgen Hartwig, Civil Engineering, Georgia Tech

and the world rejoiced

Try to live your life so that

when you die you will rejoice

and the world will cry.