Re: TD float setting

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TD float setting
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 19:39:44 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, Steven Tritle wrote:

> What  is the "correct" setting for H2's with nylon needle and seat? I
> see 7/16" or is it 5/16"?
> What is correct? My run on problem prompts this question. I have found
> several printed answers to this. Which, if any is correct?
>
> Steve
> 52 TD

The setting controls when the valve closes relative to float hight (and
therefore fuel level in the float), so it is the same no matter what type
of valve you use.

The TD/TF Workshop Manual (the factory book) specifies 3/8 inch (9.5 mm),
which I have always used. Various aftermarket manuals list 5/16 inch or
7/16 inch, which are appropriate for some other SU applications, but I've
always gotten the best results from 3/8 inch with the H2 and H4 carbs used
on the TC/TD/TF.

Others swear by 7/16 inch (11 mm).  I'd suggest that you try 3/8 inch
first.  If that doesn't give good results, try 7/16 inch.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO
fold@bcpl.net