Re: Engine assembly lube the right stuff

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine assembly lube the right stuff
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 11:47:05 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 28 Jun 1998 Jethogger@aol.com wrote:

> Hello Tyson, I have read all the replys on assembly lube.  Of all the
> mis inform note only one had the right answer.  "LUBRIPLATE"  a white
> grease.  Use it and you will have the right stuff for start up.  Throw
> the other notes away.

Not true.  Lubriplate is probably the oldest and best-known of the
commercial engine assembly lubes (and still my favorite), but there are
others that are just as good. What I don't have much faith in are the
magical home-brewed snake oil mixtures some folks here have recommended.

By the way, Lubriplate is a brand name covering a large range of
lubricants. Make sure you get Lubriplate Engine Assembly Lube, not a
Lubriplate product intended for some other use.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO
fold@bcpl.net