Re: floor pans

To: imageds <imageds@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: floor pans
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@bigun.c-gate.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 10:05:16 -0500 (CDT)
Imageds:

The MFDPO of my MGB riveted in new floor pans.  Actually, he got some
sheet metal and riveted that in place of the rusted floor pans.  The major
disadvantage is that it is probably structurally unsound.

On the other hand, I estimate the repair cost him all of $3.  There were
large gaps between the new floor pans and the adjacent metal, which
allowed large amounts of air to enter the cockpit.  I sealed up these
cracks, only to realize they were a design feature.  The sheet metal had
no provisions to release the water that found its way in.

Of course, this led me to the greatest mathematical discovery of the 20th
century:

                X=2Y

Where Y is the amount of rain, in inches, that fell last night, X is the
amount of water, in inches that you can expect to find sitting on your
floorboards.

And, as always, Your Mileage May Vary.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
pokrefke@c-gate.net