Re: First-time welder!

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: First-time welder!
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 11:13:11 -0400 (EDT)
        Well I have to disagree with your disagree. I'll give you the sill
for welding but brazing is an acceptable, if not perfered method of
patching metal body parts. The propane torch is especially good because it
works much like solder and you really have to work at it to distort the
metal. If interested I'll give you the name of a welding book that has a
good section on brazing. Depending on the brazing rod some can give a
joint
as strong as a weld.
...Art