RE: Looking for a good place to meet along NJ RT78

To: "David Deutsch" <drded@ix.netcom.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Looking for a good place to meet along NJ RT78
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 98 16:27:16 UT
Dave,

The eastern part of 78 really has no convenient meeting places of which I am
aware.  On the one hand where 78 and 95 (NJ turnpike) meet there is Newark
airport but that is a major cluster.  A little further west you have Newark,
the garden state parkway and other very congested areas - again nothing that
would be easy to meet at.  Even further west you run into Baskins Ridge and
other upscale NJ bedroom communities where, while not congested, there are no
rest stops or other meeting places (unless you consider the side of the road a
meeting place).  After Baskins Ridge you will run into the 287 interchange -
again nothing there.  The first place I can think of is the Route 31 exit
(around 20 miles from the PA border).  The north exit has a McDonalds right
off 78.  Further still, if you come west almost to PA then you have several
additional places to meet.  For example, at exit 7 (that's 7 miles from the PA
border) there is a big 76 truck stop - real easy on and off.  There is also a
rest stop right before exit 7.  Altogether, NJ should only take about 50
minutes to travel from 95 to PA along 78.  Be careful of the new 65 MPH speed
limit in NJ - they are a bit zealous and mean 65 not 70 or 75 MPH.  However,
once in PA - 65 means 75.

Hope this helps - let me know if I can help further

C you in MD

Dr. Doug