Stiff seat adjustment?

Subject: Stiff seat adjustment?
From: F Crocker <jafcjr@presys.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 14:03:07 -0700
Perhaps in the midst of 20th century version of wars of religion (in
this case being appropriate uses and modifications to MGs) I can appeal
for a suggestion or two or three?

First of all, my seats are very difficult to adjust fore and aft.  I
have read the proceedure in Bentley for removing them, but I am hopeful
that someone else can offer an easier solution.  What product do you all
use to lubricate the seat rails? I think if I know what to use I can get
behind the seat, shove it all the way forward and apply the lubricant to
the rear part of the rail, then get in front shove it all the way back,
apply the lubricant to the front part of the rail.  With that much of
the rail lubricated, (about 1/3 to 1/2, I judge) the friction should be
reduced enough to make adjustment a good bit easier.

Lovely, Lovely 79 MGB
Intrigueing 88 Scorpio
Utilitarian 92 Camry V6 Wagon
--
J. A. Frazer Crocker, Jr.       "I pray and incur
P. O. Box 3184                   silence...am I