Re: Derogatory remarks - was Re: Swaps

To: MGBDude@aol.com
Subject: Re: Derogatory remarks - was Re: Swaps
From: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 16:53:23 -0400
>Will this never end?

No. Welcome to the Internet. =)

>Why must every post contain something deragotory about
>some portion of the population.  Living in the deep south, I've seen quite a
>few LBC's and the driver's of those that were sporting confederate flags
>seemed just as civilized as those sporting the UK flag - and being a
displaced
>Brit living in the deep south I feel I have a right to fly both banners.
>Confederate flags and gun racks do not make one a hick anymore than a surly
>attitude makes one a cab driver or driving a pickup truck make one a redneck.
>Lets get back to the reason for the list - our LBC's and leave the
disparaging
>and belittling remarks out.....

Note that I didn't even mention the South. When one thinks of a "hick" one
would normally think of something out of Deliverance. Look at the
generalization of hicks in the movies - large bearded men in roadhouse bars,
with orange Chevy pickups, empty beer cans, gun racks, etc.

I don't understand why you're offended at the generalization of a "hick"
unless
you consider yourself to be one?

This is *not* intended to be a flame, just to clarify my position.

BEN RUSET
http://members.home.com/bruset
The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring         http://members.home.com/mgbhaven