Delta

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Delta
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 08:10:04 EDT
<<Len Drake
Kelowna, B.C.
P.S. Our next slalom car is to be a 1964 GSM Dart, built in S. Africa that
originally used Anglia 105E running gear with twin 40 Webers and had a
total                weight of 975 lbs.  After we install the 215 in this
one, we expect to have                about 200 + h.p. in a car with a
weight of still under 1000 lbs.  I don't
anticipate the need for a turbo on this one.>>

Philistine,  automotive butcher!!!!
Actually, I have seen one with a crossflow 1600 in it, but never a V8. Come to
think of it, I think I have only ever seen two, and those in California. Don't
under rate the original engine, though. A buddy of mine had a Ginetta G4 with
a drysumped 105E that redlined at better than 9500 rpm, and another raced a
similar car with a Cosworth version of the 1500cc non-crossflow, that used to
give the big cars fits.

Oh well, at least you aren't talking rotary power!
There are quite a few small engines that will give as good or better power
than the 215 and still be lighter, although they might not be cheaper. Hope
you have a strong shoehorn - I don't recall there being great amounts of extra
room in the GSM, but that was a few years ago.......

Bill S.