Luggage Rack for MGB

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Luggage Rack for MGB
From: DBAVERY1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 23:45:20 EDT
Hello all,

Well the newly purchased 79 roadster is still ticking away.  Went through the
Mad Dogs and Englishmen rally (starting in Kalamazoo , MI) on Saturday with no
problems, so still enjoying very much.

I do have one favor to ask everyone.  I need to find a luggage rack before I
leave for a long trip on July 23rd - yes very short notice but I've been
looking.  What I am looking for is one like I have on my 78 - it is attached
by 8 screws which go through 4 legs which attach to two flat oval tubes
running across the trunk.  There are then several flat metal pieces between
the two oval tubes and it has a raised up tube in the back to keep things from
sliding off - yes, I know I'm not too good at describing it but hopefully the
type is recognizable from this description.

HERE IS WHERE I NEED THE HELP:

New ones like this are apparently not available and do need one ASAP - does
anyone have one they would sell me or have a name of someone I could call to
attempt to find a used one? Any names and phone numbers will be very welcomed.

Always appreciative,
Denny