Re: Re: Distributor drive -Reply

To: MGSMGBGT@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re: Distributor drive -Reply
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:10:34 -0500
MG made a five main engine?  Now why would they have done a darn fool thing
like that?  ;-)

Regards,
Bill Eastman, retrogrouch
61 MGA still pounding the streets on a daily basis

In a message dated 7/10/98 8:32:40 PM, barneymg@ntsource.com wrote:

>t 08:57 AM 7/10/98 -0500, Bill Eastman wrote:
>>.... DO NOT just drop the distributor drive back into the hole thinking
>that it will find its way to the proper place.  It will end up in the
>bottom of the pan. ....
>
>Gee, I didn't know that!  Maybe ignorance is bliss (until it happens to
>you).  I've installed this gear several times and never had a problem.
But
>now that I know, I'll probably drop it the next time.  <:(
>
>Barney Gaylord
>1958 MGA with an attitude

That is true with an A or a 3 main B.  The 5 main B has a different casting
and does not allow the drive gear to drop to the bottom of the pan.

Bob Shaw