Baby oil vs. Armor-all

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Baby oil vs. Armor-all
From: "Mike Lishego" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 22:14:39 EST
Hello all,
    I've heard it said a few times on the list that Armor-all will
shrink most vinyl, such as convertible tops, dashs, etc.  I _think_
that someone on this list might have recommended using baby oil
instead, but don't quote me on that...
    So, i picked up a bottle of baby oil today and used it on my non-
lbc service vehicle.  The results are stunning, it's the first time
I've ever seen my reflection in a padded dash!
    My question:  has anyone used baby oil for a long time, such as a
period of years?  Does it have any adverse side effects I should know
about before I lube up every vinyl surface I own with it?

Thanks for your input on this matter,
Flames need not apply...

Mike Lishego