Re: what's a boyfriend?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: what's a boyfriend?
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 07:24:11 -0400
At 11:28 PM 7/17/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Saw this posted...just couldn't help myself...
>
>LITTLE OLD LADY (33) HAS TO SELL
>I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL 1960 MGA ROADSTER 1600
>FOR SALE. MY DAD AND I HAVE HAD IT PROFESS.
>RESTORED.  ITS RED WITH WIRE WHEELS,
>KEPT IN A GARAGE AT ALL TIMES, AND IS SHOW
>QUALITY.  NO RUST AND RUNS LIKE A TOP.
>I GET STOPPED EVERYTIME I DRIVE IT!  GREAT
>LOOKING INTERIOR.  BRAND NEW CONVERTIBLE TOP
>STILL IN THE BOX TO GO WITH IT.  ABSOLUTLY
>NO RUST A REAL SHOW SHOPPER.  DIDN'T SEE
>ANYTHING IN THE ADS LIKE THIS.  HATE TO SELL
>BUT MY BOYFRIEND INSISTS!  $13,500 OBO.
>*
>Contact: Ms Kelly Feuer <spookedo@aol.com>
>
>Gee.......wonder what I'd tell my boyfriend???
>
>Becky
>with a mind of her own and a 69 MGB roadster that's here to stay!!!

Gee, I thought only wives and husbands could "insist".  Not that it will do
any good, but they have the right to insist.  :)

More seriously, one wonders about these stories of "my wife/husband/whoever
says it must go".  I can certainly understand if the bills have mounted for
a medical emmergency or something and the family is going under
financially.  Then you sell whatever to help out, but other than some sort
of catastrophe like that, I don't get it.

Philip