Re: Question about Magnette...

To: miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: Question about Magnette...
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 15:01:39 -0700
miker15@juno.com wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Jul 1998 08:17:19 -0700 neil.cairns@virgin.net writes:
> >MGMagnette@aol.com wrote:
> >>
> >>   Do you know of another British car, imported to America, that had
> >the same
> >> door fuzzies as my Mk. III Magnette?  The light "blue" door fuzzy
> >trim on my
> >> car is worn through where someone's shoulder hit, and it has all
> >turnned
> >> colors.
>
> I hope the reason it turned colors where someones shoulder hit isnt
> a good splattering of blood...!
> The Roadster Factory carry numerous colours of fuzzy door trim -
> including blue (saw it at their stall at Hagerstown) and since you can
> buy it by the foot you can get exactly the length you need - most of the
> suppliers carry it in black
> WARNING!- "sharp intake of breath giving" expensive item! - about USD4
> per foot
> An MGB needs 13 feet, my guess is that a Magnette needs about 20!
> Good Luck
>
> mike robson
> 69 roadster
> 70 BGT
> 72 roadster

The Magnettes use a 'fuzz' that has no rubber seal on it, I thought the
MGB's is both trim and door seal is it not? The 'Austin' doors of the
Magnette carry the dust seal. A Magnette has four doors, with about
12.5ft per door. I did mine last year, plus new door seals, and needed a
bank loan almost!!!

Neil