speedo cable

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: speedo cable
From: "Proudfoot, Andrew" <proudfa@NAVCANADA.CA>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 21:06:00 -0400
Once again I must apologize for my ignorance but with all this chat
about speedo cables how do you go about cleaning and lubing????? I do
have a Haynes, Chilton and Lindsey Porter's book but don't recall any
discussion of the aforementioned. On another note I had my 77B out
yesterday for a good run and found that in one instance, after
decelerating that there was a strong smell of the clutch burning, I
think I noticed this one day previous as well. The car hadn't been out
for a good drive in about three weeks and I wondered if this would have
anything to do with it? Otherwise the clutch is very strong and works
well. I don't know how old the clutch is (only owned the B for about 750
kilometers, 500 US miles). Or does this all say something about my
driving style, or lack-there-of. I am new to the list and think it's the
greatest thing since sliced bread. I have several other questions but
shall not barrage them all at once. I also have a 67 B that is no longer
serviceable, the 77 is great, the 67 I would have an adventure EVERY
TIME out, the 77 is reliable transport. Thanks in advance.
Any listers ever travel to the far east of Canada let me know!!!! Only
wish I was closer to partake in some of those meets I've been reading
about. I usually exodus to the Formula 1 Race in Montreal so I may have
to make a pilgrimage to an MG meet one of these years. I look for
suggestions once I do some serious wining and dining of my Significant
Other!!!!!!
Best Wishes
Safety Fast
Andy Proudfoot 77B    67B in sad shape