Re: visiting the graveyard...Minimal MG content...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: visiting the graveyard...Minimal MG content...
From: "Mike Lishego" <MIKESL@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 16:06:45 EST
I've got a recent story too.

A few weeks ago I posted a message asking about the possibility
<Snip>
9) and an old Benz..

When I was looking for 'B parts two years ago, I came across three
old '70-'72 'B's sitting in a field in Indiana, PA (Ray, did you ever
run into this guy?)  I was looking for heads for my '77, but this guy
wanted to sell all three cars and associated parts for $1200.  Two of
the cars had thistles growing through the holes in the floorboards
and no engines.  The third one had a decent floor, but rusty sills,
aftermarket stick-on moulding along the beltlines, no interior, and
an engine that looked as though the Almighty Himself cursed it to
never run again.  All three had rostyles, though the third car had
sunk so deep into the swamp it was sitting on the sills and the
wheels were almost invisible!  And he was upset when I offered to buy
a luggage rack from him and not take the cars!!!

In a related note, the shell that was to bring life to my '77 may
come to life again...The car was to replace to '77 I totalled, as I
planned to swap everything from one car to the other.  When I found
my '74 sitting in a field, the '77 became the dreaded 'parts car.'
The sills have rust, but the floors were good the last time I
checked.  Everything is out of the car, and yes folks, I do mean
everything!  But, with the opportunity to learn how to weld
correctly, I feel I could bring this car back from the dead, over a
period of years...First I need to get it out of the weather, which
might be tough since the car has no wheels on it!  I'll keep you
updated...

Mike Lishego