Re: Squeak - Squeak - Squeak

To: PEspinoza2@aol.com
Subject: Re: Squeak - Squeak - Squeak
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 08:42:21 -0400 (EDT)
        The squeak might be comming from the springs rubbing on the spring
pan. The solution would be to remove the springs and put a small amount of
grease on the ends of the springs. This can also be the cause of the
chirping that was recently being discussed. You might be able to test for
this condition by squirting some oil in the spring pans and at the top of
the springs. If the squeal stops you have found the problem, but it will
return unless you remove and grease them.
...Art