77B

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net (Receipt Notification Requested) (IPM Return Requested)
Subject: 77B
From: William G Abbott <william.g.abbott#064#boeing.com@mail.mdc.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 13:02:23 -0700
Andy Proudfoot, for sone reason or another your e-mail address didn't go
through.  I'll just use the above address.

How many British cars can you have until you are considered over the edge.  I
think I am close.

77B, (Scrapper) w/72K on speedometer,  The shell is rust free.  I removed
everything including the radiator supports for a future V8.  I also removed the
upper inner fender splash guards.  The only things left on the car is the
heater core assembly and the brake booster assy (soon to come out).  I hate to
send this car (shell) to the bone yard in a rust free condition.  Better half
says it must go.  Labradors (Bud &Bear,(Baroness)) have been chewing under dash
wires.  I'll be putting a spreadsheet together with itemized parts and prices.
Price wise, I guess most people get at least one half of the fair market value
of the component.  In the end I'll take any fair offer for the used parts. The
car is resting within ear shot of LAX.

3/74 Midget (Mama), 95 % restored. $4500 and three years later, Wife says get
it done now.

11/74 MGB-GT (Sunbake) All original paint and no bondo or rust, my next
restoration project.  In 2003 all cars (California) thirty years or older will
not require smog check.  Unfortunately my car falls into the first year for CA
smog. I'll be hanging the O/D in it from the 77B when I find the $. Next V8 it
when no smog is the state law Can't go to an earlier engine , only later.
Presently it is my daily driver when the Taurus Station wagon takes a pie.

90 XJ 4.0 (no name) 127K money pit (at times).

All operational except for the 77B, sitting on a wooden sled with hard rubber
wheels.

Back to work.