Re: Lost garaged space

To: Simon Westbrook <simon@sageinc.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Lost garaged space
From: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 23:15:25 -0500
At 07:15 PM 7/22/98 -0700, Simon Westbrook wrote:

>I am selling my house on the Essex Suffolk borders of England (Near
>Sudbury) as I am now working and living in the Bay Area of california.
>the sale forces me to empty my garage which contains a (right hand
>drive) 1937 MG TA.  I have owned this car since 1970 and it has been
>laid up in the garage for the last ten years. the car was overhauled
>mechanically and cosmetically less than 3000 miles (but fifteen years
>ago).  I havnt seen it for ten years so expect it will be looking very
>sorry for itself.

Oh dear.....!

Simon,

>I consider that I have three options:
>(i) transport it over here (which will cost me an estimated $3,500 and
>leave me with a right hand drive on the right side of the road,
>(ii) sell it if I can find anyone interested in its current location and
>condition, but at what value, or
>(iii) find someone interested in using and minding the car till I return
>whenever that may be

>Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions

For pete's sake! Have it transported! You can be ~left~ with a "right hand
drive on the right side of the road." I am taking the liberty of sending a
copy of this message to a friend who has a TB... gorgeous right hand drive
automobile.  He drives it around here (San Antonio) without any problems
except for the outrageous high degreed days of late. And he takes "Abbie"
to a lot of shows now that she's had a few tweaks. He's owned the car for
almost as long as you've owned yours.

Sell if you must, but.... if you really care for the car....

Carol

...now running Windows '98, better known as "MacIntosh '87 "