Lost garaged space

Subject: Lost garaged space
From: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 98 16:10:24 -0700
On Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:15:18 -0700, Simon Westbrook <simon@sageinc.com>
wrote:

<SNIP>

>the sale forces me to empty my garage which contains a (right hand
>drive) 1937 MG TA.  I have owned this car since 1970 and it has been
>laid up in the garage for the last ten years. the car was overhauled
>mechanically and cosmetically less than 3000 miles (but fifteen years
>ago).

<SNIP>

>I consider that I have three options:
>(i) transport it over here (which will cost me an estimated $3,500 and
>leave me with a right hand drive on the right side of the road,
>(ii) sell it if I can find anyone interested in its current location and
>condition, but at what value, or
>(iii) find someone interested in using and minding the car till I return
>whenever that may be

Simon,
Go with option one. For three reasons:
1) It would cost much more to find a car of comparable quality than you
would pay to transport yours.
2) RHD cars are pretty uncommon around here. You'd clean up at the shows.
;)
3) You and the car belong together. You obviously like it, or you
wouldn't be in a quandry. Besides the Bay Area the perfect place for LBCs.

My 2 cents.

Joseph
67 Roadster