TV show last night in UK

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TV show last night in UK
From: Jim M <jimbo@innotts.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 22:51:42 +0100
Hi all again

Last night on TV over in the UK was a auto show called Top Gear and it was
a repeat of a show from last year but in it was a article about a new form
of banger racing (I think you call it "demolition derby"). In this new
formula the main rule is that the car must date from 1968 or earlier (yes
thats right 1968!!!). Accompanying the article was footage of this race
going on with Jaguar mark 2 saloons being rolled etc., etc., etc... The
worst case they had heard about was a Vanden Plas saloon car formally owned
by Winston Churchill being used!!!!!!!!!!

At least when cars are in junk yards no matter how sad at least they
normally don't work and you can still remove parts to keep others going,
whereas this way a car that still runs is totalled for some FUN.

Hope this upsets you as much as me last night :-(

Jim