Re: Lucas troubles - Starter removal

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Simon Bosworth" <simon@hpi50.dsddhc.com>
Subject: Re: Lucas troubles - Starter removal
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 19:09:31 -0500
Simon,
You didn't mention what type of MG you have (you BAD lister! haha), but I'm
really wondering which ones require the removal of the distributor! (if it's
a B) For my own education, of course.
The manuals say to do this, but I found it quite simple on my '73 B to
loosen both bolts, then remove the top one, then climb underneath, remove
the bottom bolt and remove the starter by pulling it DOWN and forward. It's
a 5 minute job to remove the starter!
I was really puzzled about the requirement to remove the dizzy and all this
stuff as stated in both the Bentley and Haynes once I'd actually done it. Is
this some old sham to make it sound harder than it really in order to keep
the mechanics in the money? ;)

Dan
73 B

  I was pleased to find that replacing the starter was quite a