Re: MGA Hardtop hardware

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGA Hardtop hardware
From: ejrussell@sprynet.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 10:19:14 -0700 (PDT)
I made the mounting hardware for an MGA hardtop. Attached to the side of the
hardtop is an angle bracket, approx 4 1/2" vertical and 1 or 1 1/2" horizontal.
The vertical arm is bolted to the top with chrome "acorn" nuts on the outside.
turnbuckle fits between the horizontal arm and hooks around the bracket of the
folding top immediately behind the door. Place the top in position, two wing
bolts at the front (similar to the folding top) and tunbuckles to hold the rear
in place. There is no bracket attaching to the clips on the rear deck. There
may
be other types of hardtops that do attach to these clips.

Eric <ejrussell@sprynet.com>
Bridgewater, MA  1960 MGA

<copy>