Re: New MGA, the story goes on.....

To: Kevin Richards <flybirds@erols.com>
Subject: Re: New MGA, the story goes on.....
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 13:34:59 -0400 (EDT)

********* no each cylinder is seperate

> 2.I bought the rebuild kit from Moss. Any problems or things to be
> careful of?

****** Just be sure that the cylindes are not pitted. If so then you will
ned to get them resleeved at someplace like Apple Hydraulics.

> 3. When I tackle the rebuild, what would be the general procedure? Any
> pitfalls that I need to watch out for other than carefully laying out
> all parts on a clean towel and labeling them accordingly?

***** Before you remove the MC from the car label which is the brake side
and which is the clutch side. THe brake side has an extra rubber seal
with it. Also be sure to look inside the bore of the cylinders to be sure
that there isn't a rubber washer stuck on the bottom. BTW You can do the
job without removing the MC if you want.

> > 4. What is the
best way to blow out all of the lines. If I
use > pressurized air, how can I attach the air to the brake/clutch lines?

> 5. Most importantly I need help with the basic rebuild procedure and the
> knowledge of the wise ones who have done this before.

> ***** All you really need to know is how the parts fit together which
you will see when you take the MC apart. When reinstalling it is easier to
attach the lines before bolting the unit down. Doing it this way gives you
more room to wiggle the lines. You will need a real short wrench to get
at the lines and this will take the longest time. Thats the reason you may
want to dismantle it in situ. When bleeding the brake lines make sure that
you adjust the brakes first, if not you may never be able to bleed them.
...Art