OilPressureProb: NLBC

To: MGList <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: OilPressureProb: NLBC
From: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 14:21:47 -0400
My '87 300zx has developed an interesting problem.  WHen driving on the
highway, and using only enough gas to maintain speed,  my oil pressure
drops almost to zero.  If I "goose" it and accelerate quite hard,  the
pressure goes up and stays there for a while, but eventually settles back
to zero once I ease up on the gas.  Pressure is good at idle and there is
plenty of oil on the stick.

Oil pump failure, maybe? (Is there such a  thing?)

All responses would be appreciated,  and of course the ususal disclaimers
apply.

Mike

BTW:  THis car is my daily driver, and quite necessary for work.  I need to
get this resolved quickly if there is any potential for damage to the
engine.  PLEASE don't hesitate if you have any ideas.