Re: Rear wheel drum--very stuck

To: Galvin <edwardg@tinet.ie>
Subject: Re: Rear wheel drum--very stuck
From: "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 01:46:55 -0400
What I've done (be real careful if you try it) on non-LBCs is

Jack up the rear wheel (on a secure jack stand)
Loosen the lug nuts (leave the wheel on, it will be woobly)
Make sure the front wheels are well chocked
Start engine and place in 2nd gear
Accelerate to ~20 mph
Slam on the brakes
But in reverse accelerate
Slam on the brakes
Repeat 3 or 4 times until you hear the brake drum rattling loose.

It has always worked, but as I said it can be dangerous and I've only
used it as a last resort.

For wire wheels I'd remove the lugs holding the drum on and replace the
wheel (tightening the knock-off)

Good Luck

Chris Moog