Re: British Miles

To: "David Deutsch" <drded@ix.netcom.com>, "RossOvercash" <jroverca@tiac.net>
Subject: Re: British Miles
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 20:20:18 -0400
>UMM let's see how should I put this? How about is: if British Miles was
>the only source for a part I needed....I would part the car before I
>would give Tom a single dime. He is, by far the most inconciderate
>person I have ever dealt with in the MG community.

>Safety Fast,
>David Deutsch

Okay, this is going to be my summary message.  Disclaimer: this is written
by the Kai Radicke that is not at work from 9 till 5, he is in a different
mindset.

Larry Macy noted that I work(ed) for British Miles.  Yes I do, and still do.
However this summer I've been MIA for most of it, the last two summers I
played a more active public role.

John Miller complained about the owner's attitude and business habits.  'nuf
said, reread his message.

Enrique commented specifically on Paul Barnes, an employee.  Paul is a good
worker and does things right, if he screws up they get fixed in a
professional manner.

David Deutsch also had a few words.  All I can say, is reread his message.

Ross' original message concerned the voice mail.  Late yesterday afternoon
on the way back from the hospital I called via cell phone to let them know
today that I wouldn't be in.  I got the voicemail also - I didn't bother to
call again to reach a human.

Ben Ruset said to go through George Merryweather for parts.  George is a
good source of new parts, except that George doesn't carry NOS or Used
parts... so no luck on that front.

I have recommended listers to BM for **certain items**.  And most reported
good service, on the selected item.

Art wrote that he believed it was a 2 man operation.  Its 3-4 people inside
working the phones (including me, when I'm there).  Two people in the shop.
And two kids (I'm one too, but there is a difference between them an me)
pulling used parts and cleaning stuff up.

Now at this point some of you may be wandering, "why is Kai doing this?"
Because you should all be educated consumers, and I believe in furthering
your education.  I can't give you my opinion in full, because it would
really get me into a bind.  But the people that replied to this thread are
established members of the LBC Community, and their opinions matter.

I saved the British Miles email thread that was on the list a few years ago.
I have it and will splice it together.

Finally I'll end my message with this statement.  I have met some of the
brightest people at British Miles, both customers and employees in my 3
years there.  "Having good players is one thing, but they are nothing
without a good coach."

If you have any further comments, concerns or questions feel free to email
me.
kmr@pil.net

Good Night,

--
Kai Radicke -- kmr@pil.net -- 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
IRC: irc.mcs.net, #inet-access (my nick: KMR or rebelgeek)