Re: air pump as supercharger

To: <AlexB72@aol.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: air pump as supercharger
From: "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 08:41:18 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: AlexB72@aol.com <AlexB72@aol.com>

>Couldn't I change the airpump pulley to a smaller one to compress the air
>more, then enrich the fuel mixture at the carbs, creating a pseudo-
>supercharger?!!!

Ah, well, you'd have to plumb the output of the air pump from the exhaust to
the somplace ahead of the carbs. And it isn't likely to have enough boost.

What I've always wondered is why doesn't the air pump get its intake from
the crankcase. Something to scanvenge the blow-by and reduce pumping losses.

Bob Allen, Kansas City
"When ideas fail, words come in very handy." -- Goethe