Re: air pump as supercharger

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: air pump as supercharger
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:00:48 -0400
> >Couldn't I change the airpump pulley to a smaller one to compress the air
> >more, then enrich the fuel mixture at the carbs, creating a pseudo-
> >supercharger?!!!

  The output of the air pump is surprisingly little, which
is probably the biggest hurdle.

> What I've always wondered is why doesn't the air pump get its intake from
> the crankcase. Something to scanvenge the blow-by and reduce pumping losses.

  Oxygen-rich air is required by definition for the air pump
to do what it is there for. Blow by in the crankcase is probably
not the best place to get this.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/